The All England Lawn Tennis Club, the home of The Championships, Wimbledon needs to recruit a Soft Services Manager, Facilities Management (FM) Department reporting to the Head of Facilities Management. The Head of Facilities Management reports to the Estate Director, so the role is part of the wider Estate Department.
The primary responsibility will be to manage the soft services within the FM department year round, to support the build up and delivery of a successful Championships and to provide a positive experience for members, staff and visitors through the provision of a clean and well maintained environment.
You must be able to demonstrate experience of managing soft services within a FM department or an FM service provider through service providers and directly employed teams. You should have an understanding of the roles FM suppliers play and the interaction between the services they provide and the in house team. Experience of setting and monitoring financial control standards and systems to meet performance and regulatory compliance is essential.
For further information about the role, please see the job description and person specification below.
To apply, send your CV / application form with a covering letter, including your current salary details, to: Virginia Rimmington, HR Department, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited, Church Road, London SW19 5AE. Applications to be received by 19 June 2015.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Appointments are made on merit.
JOB TITLE: Soft Services Manager, Facilities Management Department
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To support the current operation and the vision of the Master Plan a new position of Soft Services Manager has been created to provide a real focus on the buildings and grounds to ensure they are maintained to a high standard. The current service is provided through a combination of specialist suppliers and an in house team. The purpose of the role is to manage the soft services within the FM department year round, to support the build up and delivery of a successful Championships and to provide a positive experience for members, staff and visitors through the provision of a clean and well maintained environment.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Facilities Management
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon. Our objective is for The Championships to continue to be recognised as the world’s premier tennis tournament and as one of the world’s greatest sporting events.
• Manage the incumbent cleaning supplier and specialist cleaning suppliers
• Review the current cleaning schedules and identify areas for improvement, working with the incumbent suppliers to create revised processes and schedules with clear all year round improvements
• Carry out a review of all current cleaning contracts, identifying areas for improvement and obtaining a clear understanding of the services provided and the charges applied
• Review the current waste disposal process and create a strategy with clear targets for reductions in landfill. Develop a waste recycling policy with waste stream figures published monthly and an annual waste statement detailing the current year and targets for the following year
• Developing in conjunction with the FM team SLA’s / KPI’s
• Assist the Commercial Manager with the preparation of contract documentation for Request For Information (RFI) / Request For Price (RFP)
• Manage the in house team of general maintenance operatives, porters and loading bay supervisors (currently 5 staff)
• Develop a stock control system which can be used in conjunction with AELTC procurement processes
• Support the FM management team in the preparation and management of budgets
• Carry out a review of the current helpdesk facility to develop a programme of improvements for greater clarity and enhanced customer experience
• Develop a process to report and capture requests / issues for support services activities, which once established can be used by other areas of the Facilities team
• Interaction with other departments through the sharing of good practice and providing advice as necessary in a professional capacity
• Working in collaboration with the Estate Development team members
• Undertake other duties within the scope of the Facilities function as requested by the Head of Facilities Management