The All England Lawn Tennis Club, the home of The Championships, Wimbledon needs to recruit a Club Office Assistant to join an established team to help provide a high standard of service to the Members. The contract will commence in October to cover a period of maternity leave for approximately 12 months.
The successful applicant will have good organisational and interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and be computer literate, numerate and accurate. A flexible, pro-active approach to work is required together with a strong interest and knowledge of tennis.
How to apply
For further information about the role, please see the job description and person specification below. To apply, send your curriculum vitae or application form with a covering letter, including your current salary details, to: Jill Homan, HR Department, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited, Church Road, London, SW19 5AE. The closing date for applications is Friday 9 October 2015.
Download application form (PDF)
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Appointments are made on merit.
CLUB OFFICE ASSISTANT
Club Manager through the Club Office Co-ordinator
To support the Club Office Co-ordinator in their role and ensure that the wider administrative function of the Club Office is run professionally.
- To be the first point of contact for Members and guests
- To provide an excellent standard of service to Members; helping to resolve queries efficiently within agreed service standards
- To support and assist the Club Office Co-ordinator in all duties related to the successful delivery of Events, Fixtures, Tournaments and Trips as and when required
- To support the planning and organisation of all Members' events and fixtures relating to Bridge and Croquet
- To ensure the efficient communication of all schedules in respect of organised events
- To ensure the careful management of the Southlands site, Bridge Room and Club Games Room to ensure the areas are presented to the highest standards possible and are maintained appropriately
- To ensure the organisation of Trophies and engraving schedules are up to date for forthcoming events
- During The Championships the duties are varied and include: organising the Members Cocktail Party; helping to support the Members Enclosure and assisting the Club Manager
- To provide administrative support for the Club Manager as and when requested
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication
- Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of, Microsoft Office
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work
- Able to work in a self disciplined, structured fashion based around a routine annual cycle of work streams as directed by the Club Office Co-ordinator
- Ideally a strong interest and knowledge of tennis
The year round basic hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch, although flexibility is required to meet the demands of the job.
Weekend working is a requirement within the role (this extends to a minimum of six weekends annually not including the weekends around The Championships).
During The Championships, the job holder must be able to work at least a 12-hour day including weekends.